The Wooden Cottage Shed is a variation on the Standard Wooden. The apex is on the side, as opposed to the front (like on Standard Wooden Sheds). Because of this, the side walls are that bit higher. That means that the Cottage shed is slightly taller than it’s Standard Shed counterpart. This is handy if you need that bit of extra height for storage reasons (and it also explains the price difference too).
Wooden Cottage Sheds are typically very popular with people with short gardens. They are wider than they are long, so they don’t take up too much space length-wise. It wouldn’t be uncommon to see customers adding double doors on the larger sized Cottage Sheds either so that large equipment can be easily stored.
- Rustic: 10mm overlap boards with 16mm butt-jointed roof & floor
- Deluxe: 22mm kiln-dried, planed weather sheeting with a tongue and groove roof and floor.
- Barrel Board: 22mm kiln-dried, planed weather sheeting with a tongue and groove roof and floor.
- Pressure Treatment upgrade also available.
- For information about wood types and treatments, read this post.
Wooden Cottage Shed features
All our wooden sheds come with the below features as standard:
- One window
- One door
- A mineral felt roof
- A bolt lock
- Two twist-locks on the door (one high, one low)
- Support Frame
- A full wooden floor
- There are a range of extras available. You can see these as you are ordering your shed.
Cottage Shed dimensions
- Each of our wooden shed dimensions will differ according to what you want.
- They will all have 8ft Apexes as standard
- All have one door as standard. It is 186cm / 6’1″ (H) x 82cm / 2’8″ (W). Double doors are obviously double this.
Wooden Cottage Shed assembly details:
- All our Wooden Sheds are built by our Wooden Assembly Team.
- We do not supply our wooden sheds flat-packed.
- You will need a level base to lay your shed on.
- You do not require a concrete base for a wooden shed – all our wooden shed will go on blocks
- To see how many 4″ concrete blocks you require for a given shed, click here.
- You do not need to place these blocks in any particular order. Just have them to hand. Our team will move them about as they’re building the shed
- Wooden sheds must go on blocks. They cannot go directly onto a floor/concrete base etc.
Wooden Sheds are only assembled in:
- Dublin, Meath, Wicklow, Louth, Kildare, Carlow, Wexford & Kilkenny
- Rustic Wooden Sheds are basic sheds. The wood is thin and porous and they cannot be lined even when pressure treated. We do not recommend storing anything of value or which could be damaged by damp in a rustic shed.
- Wooden Shed assembly dates will vary. Out of peak season, it is typically 10 days. In peak season it can be up to 10 weeks.
Contact us at 01 8644247 or find us on Facebook if you’ve any other questions!