The Premium Pitched Shed (8ft x 6ft)
The Pitched 8ft * 6ft Shed is made with high-quality steel and given an elegant finish.
This shed is made with thick steel, it has galvanised steel sheet and a galvanised steel tube frame.
The front-facing skylight allows a bit of air into the shed – perfect on those long, hot Summer days!
Premium Pitched 8ft x 6ft Steel Shed
The Premium Pitched Shed is a solid shed with a full-width window above the door. It has a pent (“pitched”) roof that slopes from the front to the back. It’s 8ft wide and 6ft long.
What makes it Premium?
Our Budget woodgrain sheds have sheet metal thickness of 0.25mm
Our Classic Range have sheet metal thickness of 0.33mm
These beautiful sheds have a sheet thickness of 0.4mm thick.
This might not sound like a lot of a difference, but trust us, this is a world of difference in terms of strength.
Premium Pitched Dimensions
This shed is:
- 237cm wide / 8Ft (Gutter to Gutter)
- 186cm deep / 6ft (Gutter to Gutter)
- Door Height: 173cm / 5ft 9″
- Highest point: 201cm / 6ft 5″
- Lowest point 179cm / 5ft 8″
- Please note that all our steel sheds can vary +/-10% in very rare instances
Premium Pitched Shed Materials & Build
This shed is made with Galvanised Steel throughout.
- 1mm Galvanised Steel Tube Frame
- 0.4mm thick galvanised roof and wall panels
- 0.6mm coating sheet on flat door
- Polycarbonate window at front of the shed
- Double hinged doors
- Stainless Steel 304 Hinges
- Handle with Key lock
- Back Gutter with outlet spout
- Steel side vents
- 8 Hooks included
- Floor Frame included free of charge (Please note that order prior to 16/05/21 will not include this frame)
The Premium Range fits between our Classic Range and our Heavy Duty Range in terms of steel thickness.
This shed is easy to assemble for those with experience in working with flat-pack items. Instructions, Screws, nuts and fittings are all included, however, you will need the tools to erect this yourself (drill, screwdriver). The instructions are image-based, i.e. there is very little text. We would recommend that you read our guide to self-assembly and check out our instructions page to see what’s involved if you’re thinking of giving self-assembly a go yourself.
We would strongly advise that two people put this unit together as it may be awkward or unsafe to do it alone. The large sheet panels can be cumbersome and difficult to align alone. They can become very dangerous in high winds, so we also advise against assembly in windy, wet or otherwise unsafe conditions.
Assembly by our team
The team will assemble your shed for you provided that you have a suitable base. The assembly team do not apply the screw caps or remove the protective plastic film. These are optional and it is the customers’ choice to add/remove these if desired. The assembly team do not assemble any other products other than the steel shed.e.g. They do not assembly shelving units, canopies, carts or any other item purchased with the shed
Premium Shed: Base Requirements
Whether you’re getting our team to build your shed for you, or if you’re self-assembling, you will need a solid, level base for the shed to be built upon. It cannot go onto grass/muck alone. Bases like concrete, paving slabs, tarmac or hardcore stone are acceptable. We would recommend that your base is at least a half-foot bigger on each side that the stated shed size.
In this instance, we would recommend a 9ft x 7ft base.
We would also strongly recommend that you put down a damp-proof membrane for your shed. In most instances, this would go under your base when it’s being prepared. If someone is laying a concrete base for you, make sure this is going down before they pour the concrete. In the worst-case scenario, where your base is already built and it wasn’t done, you can just place the damp-proof under the frame of the shed.
This will greatly reduce the chances of condensation forming in your shed during the Winter months.
Sheds purchased before 16/05/21 were not supplied with a floor frame so a fully level base is essential for these sheds.
Premium Pitched Shed Features
Galvanised Steel Panels
All our steel sheds have been zinc coated to prevent them from rusting. The premium range is the only range where the steel frame AND the panels have been galvanised.
Built-in lock with turnable handle
The built-in lock with a turnable handle is one of the more obvious ones. This negates the need for a padlock and gives the shed a more premium feel in itself. Two keys are supplied with the shed itself.
Single Skin Double Doors that open wide
The Single-Skin double doors add a smooth finish to the shed. They also open wide! Even wider than our Colossus shed, in fact. The 8ft x 6ft steel shed opens to 128cm / 4ft 2″. That’s large enough to get large garden carts, quads or even some ride on mowers into!
The Steel-Tube Frame is only available in the Premium Range of sheds from Sheds Direct Ireland. It gives additional strength to the structure while removing edges that would be rough and unsightly.
Several hooks are included with this shed, giving you ample storage solutions for your tools.
18-year Rust Perforation Warranty
These sheds have an 18-year rust perforation warranty. We coat the panels with zinc, which prevents the steel rusting. That’s not to say that you will not get surface rust – the small screws may (over the space of a decade or so – or sooner if you are by the coast) show signs of surface rust, however, these are easily replaced and can be found in any good hardware shop.
Our warranty does not cover rusting that is caused by damage to the shed panels. If you scratch or damage a panel, this can allow rust in. We advise treating any scratches or damages straight away. Contact us if you need details of how to treat a steel shed.
It is for this reason also that we do not advise placing any steel shed under a tree.
- Please read our ‘What to expect after purchasing your shed’ guide for all information relating to delivery / assembly. Page 1 is flat-packed delivery details, page 2 is supply and fit details.
- The Pictured Wooden Floor is not included with flat-packed sheds. Ply flooring only comes with the assembly option, which is not available in every county.
- You will need a solid, level base for this shed. It cannot be laid on grass alone. Please see our guide on how to choose should you need assistance.
- Sheds are measured externally, i.e. gutter to gutter. Internal floor size will differ from external measurements.
- In very rare instances, the shed may vary +/-10% in size. This is because of the way in which steel is cut.
- Please read our FAQ if you have any other questions in mind before purchasing. Or call us at 01 864 4247 or message us on Facebook.
- If you are considering self-assembly, we recommend that you read our guide on self-assembly first.
*Collection, Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Derry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow
|Flat Pack or Assembled||
Flatpacked, Supplied and Fit
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.