Our Wooden Cabin Sheds are popular with our customers because of their pent roof. These sloping roofs appeal to those with a shorter garden, or people conscious of a roof protruding over a boundary wall. The roof is mineral felt as standard, but it can be upgraded to a galvanised Steel option too. These wooden sheds are the most popular choice after Standard Wooden sheds.
The door for the shed can be placed so that the shed slopes back (i.e. the door is on the side with the highest point), or alternatively the door can be placed on the side. Due to size restrictions on our door frames, we cannot build the shed so that the door is on the side with the lowest point.
Sheds Direct Ireland’s Cabin Sheds come in a variety of finish options, including Rustic, Deluxe or Barrel Board. You can get an explanation of these wood types explained here.
All of our wood finishes can all be pressure treated to ensure that they last longer. Pressure Treating a shed also ensures that the annual upkeep is keep to a minimum. Treated Wooden sheds are more expensive, however, over the lifetime of a shed, it works out pretty much the same:
We worked out the upkeep cost by finding the cheapest, biennial, one-coat shed treatment. When you take into account the additional inner membrane lining that comes with a PT shed and time required to varnish it yourself, it’s an easy choice.
Wooden Cabin Sheds are handmade in Ireland
All our Wooden Cabin Sheds are handmade in Ireland and come with a 1-year workmanship and materials guarantee. For most of the year, there is a 10-working-day turnaround time on these wooden sheds. i.e. from time of order to assembly, you should be waiting no more than 2 weeks. However, during the busy season (May-August), times can vary and you should expect a longer timeframe. This is because all our sheds are handmade and quality tested before being assembled.
Wooden Cabin Sheds are customisable.
Our wooden sheds can be customised to meet your requirements. There are too many options to add to our website currently. They include cat flaps, opening windows and a whole lot more. So if you don’t see an option in the selected types above, call us at 018644247 to see if we can accommodate your request.
- Rustic: 10mm overlap boards with 16mm butt-jointed roof & floor
- Deluxe: 22mm kiln-dried, planed weather sheeting with a tongue and groove roof and floor.
- Barrel Board: 22mm kiln-dried, planed weather sheeting with a tongue and groove roof and floor.
- Pressure Treatment upgrade also available.
- For information about wood types and treatments, read this post.
Wooden Cabin Shed features
All our wooden sheds come with the below features as standard:
- One window
- One door
- A mineral felt roof
- A bolt lock
- Two twist-locks on the door (one high, one low)
- Support Frame
- A full wooden floor
- There are a range of extras available. You can see these as you are ordering your shed.
Cabin Shed dimensions
- Each of our wooden shed dimensions will differ according to what you want.
- They will all have 7ft Apexes as standard
- All have one door as standard. It is 186cm / 6’1″ (H) x 82cm / 2’8″ (W). Double doors are obviously double this.
Wooden Cabin Shed assembly details:
- All our Wooden Sheds are built by our Wooden Assembly Team.
- We do not supply our wooden sheds flat-packed.
- You will need a level base to lay your shed on.
- You do not require a concrete base for a wooden shed – all our wooden shed will go on blocks
- To see how many 4″ concrete blocks you require for a given shed, click here.
- You do not need to place these blocks in any particular order. Just have them to hand. Our team will move them about as they’re building the shed
- Wooden sheds must go on blocks. They cannot go directly onto a floor/concrete base etc.
Wooden Sheds are only assembled in:
- Dublin, Meath, Wicklow, Louth, Kildare, Carlow, Wexford & Kilkenny
- Rustic Wooden Sheds are basic sheds. The wood is thin and porous and they cannot be lined even when pressure treated. We do not recommend storing anything of value or which could be damaged by damp in a rustic shed.
- Wooden Shed assembly dates will vary. Out of peak season, it is typically 10 days. In peak season it can be up to 10 weeks.
- The door can be placed on either end of the cabin shed. We measure our wooden sheds LxW. Please contact us if you are unsure about the placement of your door.
Any questions? Call us at 01 864 4247, or message us over on Facebook if you want some help!