TERMS & CONDITIONS
RETURNS & REFUNDS
When you place an order with Sheds Direct Ireland you agree to accept the following terms and conditions.
- We at Sheds Direct Ireland take every effort to ensure that the information contained in this website is correct and up to date.
- Sheds Direct Ireland cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this information.
- Sheds Direct Ireland try to keep this site’s accuracy and the reliability of the access to this site.
- Sheds Direct Ireland aim to deliver goods of the highest quality. Every effort is made to display only items that are in stock or which can be dispatched to you quickly and direct from us from the manufacturer. From time to time we may be unable to meet our usual delivery times due to certain times of the year being busier, in which case we will advise you immediately. If this does occur, you will be given the opportunity, to have the products sent as soon as they become available, or to cancel the order.
- The products remain the property of Sheds Direct Ireland until payment has been processed in full and we reserve the right to remove any product that has not been paid in full and cancel the order.
- shedsdirectireland.com reserves the right to make changes to this website and these terms at any time. The terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
- Wooden Sheds are made to order
- All Sales on Wooden Sales are final and once the order has been processed it cannot be amended
- The customer is required to have a 4 inch solid concrete blocks and a level site ready for erection of the shed
- Clear access to the sire is a necessity
- Sheds with a width of 8ft (2.4m) or greater require a clearance height of 8ft.
- Wooden Sheds are measures Length x Width
- It is the customer’s responsibility to notify ShedsDirectIreland if they require a cutdown service
- Blocks are required for under your Wooden Shed. These are not supplied by Sheds Direct Ireland
- Please refer to our Wood Styles for more information on Wooden Finishes
- Rustic Sheds are very basic. For example in exposure areas where heavy rain may blow against the shed, rain will soak through the timber causing it to get damp. We would never recommend you put electrical items, or any items that could be damaged by damp in a Rustic Shed.
- An 18 year rust perforation warranty is offered on our metal sheds.
- All shed measurements include the 2” overhang required for the side guttering.
- Sheds are sold to the nearest foot and may differ plus or minus 10%.
- All Steel Sheds are measured Width by Length. e.g. A 6ft x 8ft shed is 6ft Wide and 8ft Long.
- All our sheds are delivered flat packed. We can arrange an assembly of the shed, but it is important that you call us before ordering to discuss this.
- Wooden Flooring is sold separately and not included with any steel shed as standard. It may be visible in some pictures, however this is for illustrative purposes only.
- A solid level base is required for all metal sheds. It is the customers responsibility to have this in place prior to assembling your shed.
- Metal sheds fitted do not include bolting the shed to the surface, as we can not be responsible for what is underneath the surface, i.e. drains, electricity etc.
- Sealing your metal shed to your base is the customer’s responsibility.
- For Insurance purposes, assembly of our metal shed range is weather permitting.
- All of our sheds are supplied flat packed for self-assembly. They all come with predrilled holes, instructions and all required nuts and bolts. If you’re having any issue, we also have a team of fully trained customer service agents that will be able to talk you through any problems you might encounter.
- We can also offer an assembly service in the Dublin, the greater Dublin Area, Cork and Kerry for customers who do not wish to build our Steel Sheds themselves.
- Please note, our assembly team will not assemble other products (e.g. shelves, tip carts).
This policy is offered in addition to your statutory rights.
Any items returned for refund or exchange must be in their original packaging, unused and in a fully resalable condition with any documents / barcodes or labels fully intact.
For in-store purchases
For purchases made in-store, items can be returned within 14 days for a full refund to the original method of payment
An exchange or refund to a gift card will be offered for those purchase that are returned within 28 days from the purchase date.
For online purchases
Return by post
You can return your items within 28 days of receipt of your order for a full refund to the original payment method used, however you will be responsible for the postage and any associated cost and risk of the return of the goods to us. You must ensure the products are received by our Online Returns Centre within 28 days of receipt of your order otherwise your refund may be refused.
If you return your purchase by post after the time period outlined above (with the exception of faulty or damaged goods), we reserve the right not to offer you a refund in full. In these circumstances we may instead return your purchase to you and prior to sending it, you will be charged the delivery fee applicable to the products and your location.
A refund will be credited to your original payment method within 14 calendar days of us receiving the returned goods at our Online Returns Centre. Please note some banks may take longer to credit your account. We are not liable and cannot take any responsibility for any bank charges that you may incur during the refund process.
We recommend that you return the items via a recorded delivery service and retain the proof of postage. More information on how to return online purchases can be found in the: How To Return Your Items section.
Additional information on our Online returns policy can be found here
Return in store
You can also return your online purchase in store for an exchange or a refund onto a gift card. Items must be returned within 28 days of receipt of your order.
Exchange in store
If you wish to exchange your items you will need to visit our Finglas store within 28 days of receipt of your order. Exchanges are not possible if items are returned to our Online Returns Centre.
Right to cancel
Ireland and EU customers have the right to cancel orders under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (the “Consumer Contract Regulations 2013”).
If you wish to cancel pursuant to the rights set out in the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 please see here
HOW TO RETURN YOUR ITEMS
Sheds Direct Ireland store
Bring the items you wish to return, your receipt and we will be able to offer you an exchange or gift card store
You will find your receipt attached to your Order in a document holder.
Step 1 – Enclose a copy of your receipt with your order.
Step 2 – Post your parcel
Take the parcel to your local Post Office /
Remember to ask for proof of postage.
If you need a replacement receipt, visit the Contact us page.
You are responsible for the cost of returning the items by post or courier. We recommend that you return the items via a recorded delivery service and retain proof of postage.
ITEMS WHICH CAN’T BE RETURNED
We cannot offer refunds or exchanges on the following:
- Sheds Direct Ireland Gifts Cards & Gift Vouchers
- Unsealed Fuel
- Free items
- Made to measure or personalised items eg made to order sheds
- Items without their original packaging
- Items that have been used / Assembled
- Items that are not in a resalable condition
- Items assembled for you by us or our contractors
Actual colours may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and that everyone sees these colours differently. We try to edit our photos to show the samples as life-like as possible, but please understand the actual colour may vary slightly from your monitor. We cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product.
If you are returning items due to a fault and you received the item more than 28 days ago, please Contact us or speak to a sales representative in store.
Additional information on our Online returns policy can be found here
ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER
Once we have processed your order and have checked your card details we will take payment for the order that you have made. Products are subject to availability and in the event that we are unable to supply the products, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. If you have already paid for the products we will give you a full refund.
We will not accept your order until such time that you are emailed to say that the products you have ordered have been dispatched, are ready for collection or, in respect of any services, begun. Once you receive such an email, we will be contracted to you, and your contract will be concluded upon delivery of the products or completion of the services.
Any products or services on the same order that we have not yet confirmed via email will not form part of that contract and will form part of a separate contract when the remaining products have been dispatched, are ready for collection or, in respect of any services, begun. Placing an order does not constitute a contract with us until we confirm the products as dispatched, ready for collection or services begun.
We reserve the right not to accept your order for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, payment problems, product availability and product price or description error.
Any order placed after 2pm will not be shipped until the next day. If an order is places after 2pm on Saturday, it will not be shipped until Monday.
QUANTITY RESTRICTED PRODUCTS
Some of our products are restricted to a maximum number of units that you may order. If you select more than the maximum number allowed, we will have to cancel part of your order. For example, we will only allow you to purchase a maximum of 6 units of the same product of sale products you select more than the allowed number of units, we will have to cancel the part of your order that exceeds the maximum allowed. In the event that this happens, one of our customer service team will contact you, and you will receive a full refund for those items which we are unable to send you. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.
If, for any reason, there is a problem with collecting payment from your credit / debit card or other chosen payment method after we have confirmed receipt of your order, we will not be obliged to dispatch your order. Additionally, on some occasions, we may be unable to process an order. This may be due to: the item being out of stock or no longer available, your payment being declined, our identification of a pricing error or product description error or an unspecified technical error. If you are sure you are using a valid form of payment, please try again or use a different payment method
Delivery of all our products is within 5 working days from order. Some items may be subject to different charges or timescales. Risk in the products (e.g. damage or loss to the products) will remain with us until we deliver the goods to the address specified in your order when the risk will pass to you immediately.
If you are not at home when your order is being delivered, where appropriate, the order may be left with a neighbour. If items are sent by courier and you are not home on the prearranged delivery date, extra charges may apply to redeliver.
Provided you have notified us that you wish to cancel your order due to a change of mind prior to dispatch of your order, and the return also meets the terms of our Online Returns and Refund Policy, you will be entitled to a full refund including delivery charges if applicable.
We are unable to provide a refund of the delivery charges when your order is being cancelled. Please note these terms do not apply where the goods or services, which are the subject or your order are found to be faulty or defective, in which case you may rely on the rights available to you under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Since orders are dispatched promptly, subject to your statutory rights and these terms and conditions, we are unable to cancel orders after you have received your order confirmation email.
If your order has already been sent out, you may still cancel your order if you change your mind, and to do so, simply return your order to our Online Returns centre within 28 calendar days of your receipt of purchase including a copy of your receipt. Otherwise, you should visit our Returns & Refunds section
Provided you have notified us that you wish to cancel your order, and the return also meets the terms stated on our Returns & Refunds page, you will be entitled to a refund excluding delivery charges if applicable.
We are unable to provide a refund of the delivery charges where only part of your order is being cancelled, unless the order was faulty, damaged upon delivery or incorrect.
You may cancel your contract in respect of the following items provided that it is in its original condition (including the packaging where it forms part of the goods, for example, boxed items) and for hygiene or safety reasons have not been opened, assembled or used and any seals on the product remain unbroken Where an item has a swing ticket attached, it must still be attached and undamaged upon return.
You cannot cancel your contract in respect of made-to-measure/order goods (e.g bespoke sheds) or flammable (e.g. fuel) unless they are faulty, damaged upon delivery or incorrect.
Where you have failed to take reasonable care of the goods, we reserve the right to refuse a refund and return the goods to you at your own cost.
ONLINE REFUND & RETURNS POLICY
When you purchase goods online we appreciate that you are likely to be seeing any goods you have purchased for the first time. Accordingly, you may inspect the goods as if you were in one of our stores. Whilst you are deciding whether to retain your purchase, you do have a statutory duty to take reasonable care of our goods and they remain your responsibility until they arrive safely at our warehouse or store.
It is imperative that when your unwanted goods are returned to us they are done so in a fully resalable condition. We reserve the right to inspect all goods that are returned to us so please do not damage the goods whilst you inspect them. This applies to any original packaging and labels, particularly if the packaging forms part of the goods such as boxed items and gift items. Extra care must be taken with our flat packed sheds not removing the components from their boxes. Please ensure you are not using items that may leave a scent or a mark on our products
Where goods are returned damaged or not in their original packaging, we reserve the right to refund you the purchase price less any deductions due by way of compensation for any damage that may have been caused. In the event that substantial damage has been caused then we reserve the right to refuse a refund or exchange. We may instead return your goods to you. Prior to sending it, you will be charged for all costs in respect of returning such goods (e.g. postage or courier charges).
We do not accept liability for any goods that do not reach our warehouse nor can we accept liability for any goods that may be returned in error. We recommend that you return goods via a recorded delivery service and retain the proof of postage.
In the event that we return your goods to you for any of the above reasons and you do not accept return of the goods, we reserve the right to destroy the goods.
Some of the goods you purchase on our website may have an alternative returns policy, so this policy will not apply.
Once we have received the product(s) and if appropriate, any packaging, a refund will be credited to the correct payment card within 14 days. Please note this usually takes between 3 – 5 days but may take up to 14 days.
When returning an item from an order that has been part paid using a gift card, you will primarily be refunded in the form of an gift voucher. If you are returning part of your order that exceeds the value of the gift card used, any remaining balance will then be refunded onto your payment card
To the fullest extent possible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind whether expressed or implied, in relation to our website, goods and services. This does not affect your statutory rights in relation to faulty or damaged products or your contract cancellation rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (except for fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions for: any economic loss (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); any loss of goodwill or reputation and any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these terms and conditions.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents and employees.
Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
If any of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the terms and conditions and shall not effect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Items sold ‘on sale’ are only available while stocks last. Sales are not extended should items sell out during a sale period.
UPDATES & AMENDMENTS
These terms and conditions may be updated or amended from time to time to comply with law or where our business or website requires such change without any notice to you. Updates and amendments will be posted to our website.