The Awesome Overhang Wooden Shed (2022 Edition)
The Overhang Wooden Shed is a standard-style wooden shed that has a 1.5ft / 45cm overhang over the door. It adds shelter and shade on the opening of the shed. This means not only do you have a whole shed of storage space, but you can also keep items shelters on the doorstep!
* Wooden Sheds are measured L x W
* Double Doors are only available for sheds with widths greater than 8ft
*Pictured blue lining is only supplied with Pressure Treated Deluxe or Barrel Board Sheds
Overhang Wooden Shed
The Overhang Wooden Shed is a Standard Style Wooden Shed that has an 20″ / 1.66ft / 51cm Overhang.
This adds shelter to the front of your shed. Ideal if you don’t want to get wet on your sheds shed’s doorstep, or if you want to add some shade to it during the Summer months.
The pictured shed is a 6ft x 8ft Timore-style Overhang Shed with Deulxe, Pressured Treated wood.
Please note that these sheds come with one window as standard unless you choose the Timore Style. If the shed is not 8ft or wider at the front, the window will be on the side of the shed. Two windows on the front is only available to sheds that are at least 8ft wide.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions about the optically pleasing overhang wooden shed below.
Overhang Wooden Shed Details
All our wooden sheds can be built with three types of wood: Rustic, Deluxe and Barrell Board.
- Rustic: 10mm overlap boards with 16mm butt-jointed roof & floor
- Deluxe: 22mm kiln-dried, planed weather sheeting with a tongue and groove roof and floor.
- Barrel Board: 22mm kiln-dried, planed weather sheeting with a tongue and groove roof and floor.
- Pressure Treatment upgrade also available.
- For information about wood types and treatments, read this post.
Overhang Wooden Shed features
All these Overhang Wooden Sheds come with the below features as standard:
- A 1.66ft / 20″ / 51cm Overhang
- One window (Exception 6ft x 8ft Timore has two)
- One door
- A mineral felt roof
- A bolt lock
- Two twist-locks on the door (one high, one low)
- Apex 7ft
- Side Wall height 5ft 6″
- Door height 6ft 2″
- Door Width 2ft 6″
- A full wooden floor
- There are a range of extras available including pet-flaps, window boxes etc. You can see these as you are ordering your shed.
Overhang Wooden Shed dimensions
- Each shed’s dimensions will differ according to what you want.
- They will all have 7ft Apexes as standard
- All have one door as standard. It is 186cm / 6’1″ (H) x 82cm / 2’8″ (W).
- Double doors are obviously double this. Double Doors require the shed’s width to be at least 10ft wide
Overhang Wooden Shed assembly details
- All these sheds are built by our Wooden Assembly Team.
- We do not supply our wooden sheds flat-packed.
- You will need a level base to lay your shed on.
- You do not require a concrete base for a wooden shed – all these sheds will go on blocks
- To see how many 4″ concrete blocks you require for a given shed, click here.
- You do not need to place these blocks in any particular order. Just have them to hand. Our team will move them about as needed when they are building the shed
- Reiteration: These sheds must go on blocks. They cannot go directly onto a floor/concrete base etc.
Wooden Shed assembly locations
These Timber Sheds are only assembled in:
- Dublin, Meath, Wicklow, Louth, Kildare, Carlow, Wexford & Kilkenny
(Available in Westmeath also: price +€25 & delivery time +1 week.)
- Rustic Wooden Sheds are basic sheds. The wood is thin and porous and they cannot be lined even when pressure treated. We do not recommend storing anything of value or which could be damaged by damp in a rustic shed.
- Timber Shed assembly dates will vary. Out of peak season, it is typically 10 days. In peak season it can be up to 10 weeks.
Contact us at 01 8644247 or find us on Facebook if you’ve any other questions
|Wooden Shed Size||
6ft x 8ft (Timore), 6ft x 4ft, 6ft x 5ft, 6ft x 6ft, 7ft x 5ft, 8ft x 6ft, 8ft x 8ft, 10ft x 6ft, 10ft x 8ft, 10ft x 10ft, 12ft x 6ft, 12ft x 8ft, 12ft x 10ft, 14ft x 8ft, 14ft x 10ft, 16ft x 8ft, 16ft x 10ft, 18ft x 10ft, 20ft x 10ft
Rustic, Rustic Pressure Treated, Deluxe, Deluxe Pressure Treated, Barrell Board
Galvanised Metal Roof, Standard Mineral Felt Roof
Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Louth, Meath, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.