Paraffin Heater: The Inverter Heater 5086
With a max output of 3,200w, you don’t need to wait to heat up a room. But don’t worry, this heater’s eco mode will stop it burning unnecessary oil when the set temperature is reached.
Long Fuel Tank Life!
In ideal conditions, a full tank can last up to 59 hours! (See FAQ for more details). That’s from when you get home on a Friday and the full weekend up til Monday morning.
Super Safety Features!
In-built sensors monitor the machine performance & carbon monoxide levels. There’s a Child-Lock feature and when there’s any deviation and the machine shuts down fully automatically. It’s cool side walls mean no burn risk – and the Tip-Over Sensor automatically shuts the unit down when it takes a knock.
45 in stock (can be backordered)
The Inverter Heater 5086 is an incredible piece of Japanese Engineering. Above all, it is safe to use, but it also has a fantastic heat output, while remaining economically sound to run.
It has an impressive heat output of up to 3200W, in other words, it’ll keep you nice and toasty. The Inverter 5086 also has all the assets of thermostatic power modulation (i.e. a fancy thermostat) so as not to overheat your room. It can maintain your desired temperature and save you fuel!
Similarly, it has some amazing safety features. For instance, the Anti-topple technology, low-fuel alarm and Carbon Monoxide Alarm help rank the Inverter among the safest heaters on the Irish Market! Therefore, it’s ideal for use as a home or conservatory heater.
At maximum output (3.2KW) this Paraffin Heater will typically run for 10-15 hrs on the 5 litre fuel tank. When the tank nears empty an alarm sounds to remind you to refill. A manual fuel pump is provided with the heater for ease of refilling. Simply insert one end into your Inverter Heater tank, insert the other end into your fuel supply and after that press the manual pump until your tank is full.
- The Inverter 5086 Paraffin Heater will run on either C1 grade paraffin or on low odour Tozane
- You cannot use Kerosene in this heater. See why here.
- It’s virtually odourless when the correct fuel is used (check out our Tozane, linked above).
- Built-in whisper quiet fan provides hot convection airflow throughout the room
- Virtually silent operation
- Gasification heat shield burner
- Electronic thermostat
- 24-hour programming
- Audible electronic gauge with alarm
- Self-diagnosis system
- Carbon monoxide sensor for added safety
- Child safe
- CE Approved
- Digital temperature controls
- Eco button
- There is a 4-year warranty on the Inverter 5086 Heater when the Fuel instructions are correctly followed (see below)
- Please note this heater requires a mains electricity connection for using the digital display only
🇵🇱 Everything listed above is also available in Polish. Download the Polish instructions here🇵🇱.
The Inverter 5086 is the same as the Inverter 5096. The name has been updated for 2020, the product is identical otherwise.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You cannot. You can only use C1 Grade Paraffin like Tozane in this heater.
Using Kerosene or other ‘dirty’ fuels has two main problems
1. They are damaging to your health. You wouldn’t let your car exhaust into your sitting room to warm it up, would you?
2. They contain plastics which clog the filter and which will damage the machine. Your warranty is void if Kerosene has been used.
The Inverter heater is considerably safer for use in a home with children than most heaters.
- It has a cool casing, so it can be touched without causing a burn.
- There is a carbon monoxide alarm built into this machine
- It has an ECO mode which saves fuel, but also prevents overheating of a room
- It has an anti tip/bang sensor. If it detects a knock, it turns off.
- A child could put a piece of paper in the vent and it would not ignite.
This is a Paraffin Oil heater. It is not an electric heater, so it is much more economical to run.
The machine requires a mains outlet to operate, but this is only to control the digital display, thermostat and to power the fan which pushes out the heat.
The unit uses 720W during the initial Warm-Up stage, which reduces to 22W when it is in operation.
If a heater is running at 18°, in a small-medium sized room with no draughts (like a chimney or open door) a 5L tank will last for 59 hours. That’s 236 hours from a full bottle of Tozane.
However these are ideal conditions and if the room has open doors, a chimney, a poorly glazed window etc., it may last less than this.
Many people remember the small paraffin heaters had years ago. While there is a slight odour when the heater turns on and off, it is considerably less than it was in the past. The Inverter manages odour very well.
People who are very sensitive to odours/smells may notice more of a smell. In general, the vast majority of people do not notice an overwhelming odour from these heaters.
Remember, Tozane is a ROLF (that is a Reduced Odour Liquid Fuel), so providing you use the correct you should experience minimal odours.
E4 / E2 / E0 codes are displayed when contaminated fuel or poor combustion is detected. It’s caused by one of two things.
- Poor maintenance. The maintenance on an Inverter is fairly simple. Make sure the heater is hoovered regularly (when you’re hoovering the room it’s in) and especially the circular port on the back.
- Poor Fuel Quality: Using domestic home oil kerosene will cause issues. There might be high levels of water in it, or excessively high levels of plastic. These can cause combustion issues caused by clogs.
Similarly, using Tozane which has been poorly stored can cause issues too. If Tozane is exposed to temperature changes, condensation might build up in a container than has been opened.
So these error codes are something that can be avoided by following the instructions provided with the machine.
If you’ve come across the E4 or E0/E2 error codes, this is what you should do:
- Remove the fuel filter from under the heater tank and wash it in Tozane, using something like an old toothbrush to gently brush it. Don’t use anything which may seperate and further worsen the problem, e.g. a sponge, or tissue. Do not use water or any other products other than Tozane when washing.
- Hoover the back of the heater. You may need to remove the air filter an clean this too. We would advise against cleaning this filter in the presence of the oil – take it away from the heater, to prevent any contamination of the oil.
- Drain the old fuel entirely from the tank. Allow the tank to drain for several hours if needed.
- Top up the tank with new, fresh Tozane. To avoid throwing out fuel in the future, it is recommended that you store any fuel into airtight containers, rather than allowing it to sit, unused in the fuel tank for long periods.
- Ensure the room is well ventilated and that there is space around the heater on each side when you restart it. If you are using this heater in a place where there are strong perfumes or sprays containing CFCs, it may be affected by these and it may not work in this environment. Move elsewhere, if so and retest after a ten-minute interval between moving.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.