The Cottage Shed is a very popular shed – it’s our most popular selling shed of 2019. Add it to your cart before you go on any further because they’re flying out the door!
This modern-looking shed comes with a lovely grey two-tone finish, one exterior bolt-lock, two interior bolt-locks, two large, double hinged doors, two outlet spouts, gutters and it is our only steel shed with a front window. Cottage Sheds are so called because the apex is on the side, not the front.
The Cottage Shed comes flat packed with assembly instructions included, but you will need one more person with you to assist in assembling this shed. Afterwards, you’ll have someone to talk with about how marvellous it looks. This is an ideal choice for gardeners, DIY enthusiasts or families – and it comes with our fantastic Rust Perforation Warranty.
Who is the Steel Cottage Shed For?
Cottage Sheds are perfect for families and gardeners. The double doors open wide to allow bikes and other children’s items to be stored easily. The large polycarbonate window allows the shed to fill with natural light – providing that you position it correctly it can be a perfect spot for gardeners to use as a potting shed while germinating seeds. This garden shed looks as great in suburban gardens as it does in larger, rural ones.
The window really opens this shed us to be used by anyone really. We’ve had people use them as mini studios for things like crafting or clothing alterations. They’ve been used as large kennels for packs of dogs as somewhere to shelter from the rain (just remember to leave the door open!) and even as painting studios too.
The 8ft x 6ft Cottage Shed materials
- 0.6mm Galvanised Steel Frame
- 0.3mm Zinc Coated Colour Panels
- 0.6mm Internal Wall Brace Bars
The 8ft x 6ft Cottage Shed dimensions
All our Steel Sheds are measured externally, i.e. gutter-to-gutter
What are the features on this 8ft x 6ft Steel Cottage Shed?
- CE Approved
- 18-year rust perforation warranty
- Double Doors
- One Exterior Bolt Lock
- Two interior bolt locks
- Lockable door handles
- Large polycarbonate window
- Gutters with outlet spouts
- Window Width 2ft 5″ / 74cm
Assembly of the 8ft x 6ft Steel Cottage Shed
This shed is easy to assemble for those with experience in working with flat-pack items. Instructions, Screws, nuts and fittings are all included, however, you will need the tools to erect this yourself (drill, screwdriver).
We would strongly advise that two people put this unit together as it may be awkward or unsafe to do it alone. The large sheet panels can be cumbersome and difficult to align alone. They can become very dangerous in high winds, so we also advise against assembly in windy, wet or otherwise unsafe conditions.
The 8ft x 6ft Cottage Shed Important Details
- The Pictured Wooden Floor is not included with flat-packed sheds. Ply flooring only comes with the assembly option, which is not available in every county.
- You will need a solid, level base for this shed. It cannot be laid on grass alone. Please see our guide on how to choose should you need assistance.
- Sheds are measured externally, i.e. gutter to gutter.
- In very rare instances, the shed may vary +/-10% in size. This is because of the way in which steel is cut.
- Please read our FAQ if you have any other questions in mind before purchasing. Or call us at 01 864 4247 or message us on Facebook.
We stock this cottage shed in two other sizes. You can see all the cottage shed sizes here.
This is a Cottage Style Shed so the door opens on the widest side.
If you’ve any questions you can call us at 018644247, message us on Facebook.