The most compact shed offered by Sheds Direct Ireland is the 4×6 Steel Garden Shed. It is 4ft wide, 6ft deep and 6.6ft tall, and while it’s compact, it’s not short on storage space. Like all Steel Sheds from Sheds Direct Ireland, it comes with an 18 year Rust Perforation Warranty. Above all, it’s perfect for cleaning up any garden or patio.
Made with Galvanised Steel, The 4×6 Steel Garden Shed has been treated with Zinc, so it is resistant to rusting. It will last for years and it has an 18 year rust perforation warranty too. The Frame, gutters and internal bracing have all been through the galvanisation process, so the whole unit is solid. The frame is 0.6mm thick galvanised Steel. The Door is 0.4mm and the sheet metal walls are 0.3mm thick. This shed is surprisingly robust for it’s size!
The single hinged door on this 4×6 Steel Garden Shed, which comes with a built in handle and bolt lock. To enhance the door, there is an internal metal brace for strength. To reduce condensation, there are two built-in vents which increase air-flow throughout the shed (just make sure not to block them up!). These are a departure from our previous plastic ones.
The Shed also comes with gutters and an outlet spout so the constant Irish rain won’t be an issue on this one. It’s also handy. You can connect some tubing/a hose to collect rain during Summer Months, for example.
The 4ft x 6ft materials
- 0.6mm Galvanised Steel Frame
- 0.3mm Zinc Coated Colour Panels
- 0.6mm Internal Wall Brace Bars
The 4ft x 6ft dimensions
Apex : 203cm / 6’6″
Door Height: 181cm / 5’9″
Door Opening : 66cm / 2’1″
Gutter to Gutter Width: 129cm / 4’2″
Gutter to Gutter Length: 195cm / 6’4″
*Metal Sheds are sold to the nearest foot and may differ plus or minus 10%*
The 4ft x 6ft features
- 2 built-in metal vents for air flow (1 front, 1 back)
- Metal foundation frame for added strength (ply floor can be laid upon this)
- Side gutters with outlet spout
- 2ft wide hinge door with handle
- Bolt lock on the door
- Colour: Two-tone grey
The 4ft x 6ft assembly details
This shed is easy to assemble for those with experience in working with flat-pack items. Instructions, Screws, nuts and fittings are all included, however, you will need the tools to erect this yourself (drill, screwdriver). We would recommend at least 5 hours for assembly of this shed if you have not assembled a shed before.
We would strongly advise that two people put this unit together as it may be awkward or unsafe to do it alone. The large sheet panels can be cumbersome and difficult to align on your own. They can become dangerous in high winds, so we also advise against assembly in windy, wet or otherwise unsafe conditions. If you have any questions about assembly, call us at 01 864 4247.
We strongly recommend that you follow the instructions and count all your parts before beginning assembly. While very rare, if a part is missing it is considerably easier to identify it at the start of the processes than mid-way through the assembly.
- The Pictured Wooden Floor is not included with flat-packed sheds. Ply flooring only comes with the assembly option, which is not available in every county.
- You will need a solid, level base for this shed. It cannot be laid on grass alone. Please see our guide on how to choose should you need assistance.
- Sheds are measured externally, i.e. gutter to gutter.
- In very rare instances, the shed may vary +/-10% in size. This is because of the way in which steel is cut.
- Please read our FAQ if you have any other questions in mind before purchasing. Or call us at 01 864 4247 or message us on Facebook.
Contact us at 01 8644247 or find us on Facebook if you’ve any other questions!