The Sheds Direct Ireland budget range is here and it comes in the form of our Woodgrain Metal Sheds. These sheds are ideal for those in need of some storage, but who don’t need something as sturdy as our Classic Range, or Heavy Duty Range. They won’t break the bank and they have a lovely wood-grain texture. There are three sizes available (you can see the others here)
The 8ft x 6ft is the smallest in the range, but it’s not exactly. It’s the most commonly sold size of a shed in Ireland. It’s perfect for almost any sized garden and it’s big enough for a couple of bikes and other general storage like lawnmowers, Christmas decorations and more.
What is Woodgrain?
Woodgrain sheds are sheds that have the appearance of Wood but which are made of metal. It’s a thinner steel which makes it lightweight, affordable and easily decorated with the wood style. It’s commonly the basic / budget range in most Steel Shed supplier’s ranges.
These woodgrain sheds compete with all our rivals’ budget ranges and unsurprisingly, they come out on top in terms of quality. All these Woodgrain Sheds have 170cm doors (not 154cm like our competitors), gutters, an internal floor frame and 7ft Apexes. Don’t forget that they’ve 4 vents too, which prevent against condensation. They’re fantastic for the price.
The Steel on the sheets is .25mm thick, while the frame is .6mm thick. The joists are with 1mm thick too, for added support. While these sheds aren’t as sturdy as the Classic Range that we offer, they’re considerably stronger than other budget range sheds on the market. The metals edges have been rolled to prevent jagged edges too.
Remember as with all our Steel sheds, you’ll need a solid level base in place for installation. If sheds are just placed on grass alone, they can sink. If two sides of a shed sink at different speeds, they can crack over time. So, it’s important that a solid level base is in place so that your shed can last for years to come. As this shed is lighter than our classic range, we ask that you bolt it to the surface that you are laying it onto, also.
The Woodgrain 8ft x 6ft materials
- 0.6mm Galvanised Steel Frame
- 0.25mm Zinc Coated Colour Panels
- 1mm Joist
The Woodgrain 8ft x 6ft dimensions
*Metal Sheds are sold to the nearest foot and may differ plus or minus 10%*
The Woodgrain 8ft x 6ft features
- 4 Vents for ventilation (2 front, 2 back)
- Metal Foundation Frame for Floor
- Side Gutters with Outlet Spout
- 2 Sliding Doors with Lockable Handles
- Colour: Wood Effect
Woodgrain Sheds assembly details
This shed is easy to assemble for those with experience in working with flat-pack items. Instructions, Screws, nuts and fittings are all included, however, you will need the tools to erect this yourself (drill, screwdriver).
We would strongly advise that two people put this unit together as it may be awkward or unsafe to do it alone. The large sheet panels can be cumbersome and difficult to align alone. They can become very dangerous in high winds, so we also advise against assembly in windy, wet or otherwise unsafe conditions.
Here are the [pdf-embedder url=”https://www.shedsdirectireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Woodgrain86.pdf” title=”woodgrain 8ft x 6ft Assembly Instructions”]
8ft x 6ft Woodgrain Shed Flatpacked Box Sizes:
This shed comes in three boxes they are measured like so:
- 203 (L) x 39cm (W) x 20cm (D)
- 179 (L) x 82cm (W) x 10cm (D)
- 179 (L) x 52cm (W) x 5cm (D)
Do you still have some questions? Get in touch by calling (01) 864 4247 or messaging us on Facebook.
- Woodgrain metal sheds are our budget range. They are made with considerably thinner metal than our Classic Range.
- The Pictured Wooden Floor is not included with flat-packed sheds. Ply flooring only comes with the assembly option, which is not available in every county.
- You will need a solid, level base for this shed. It cannot be laid on grass alone. Please see our guide on how to choose should you need assistance.
- Woodgrain sheds will need to be bolted to your surface. This is the customer’s responsibility to do – even if they have purchased our assembly service.
- Woodgrain sheds may have surface-level scratches on the surface. The woodgrain effect is applied via a heavy sticker, which scuffs easier than steel itself.
Contact us at 01 8644247 or find us on Facebook if you’ve any other questions!