The Sheds Direct Ireland Christmas Quiz 2020
The Christmas Quiz!
It’s Christmas!! (well, nearly). It’s time for a Christmas quiz to keep your brain active and keep you suitably festive. We’ve 35 quizmas questions about movies, music, traditions, food and more for you to get stuck into.
Play along with friends in the office, at home or just see if you’re inner Santy is still lit.
Answers at the bottom of the page.
- Who played Scrooge in the Muppets Christmas Carol?
- What’s the Irish word for Christmas?
- What colours are the berries on the mistletoe plant?
- What is your star sign if you are born on Christmas Day?
- In what year did Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You‘ go to #1 in the US charts?
- What Christmas standard has the lyrics: “The stars in the sky, Look down where He lay, The little Lord Jesus Asleep on the hay”?
- In the first ‘Home Alone‘, where are the family going on holiday to, when they forget their blood-thirsty son, Kevin?
- What are the main ingredients of a Christmas Pudding?
- When do the Twelve Days of Christmas start?
- What does Dougal think is behind the last window of his Advent Calendar in the Father Ted Christmas Special?
- What is the best selling tins of chocolates in Ireland at Christmas?
- What was Christmas Number 1 on Ireland for the year 2000?
- Name the 3 wise men.
- What was the best-selling toy of the 1980s?
- Which famous Christmas Poem gave Santa’s reindeer their names?
- Before moving this year, the ‘Moving Crib’ (Or ‘The Live Crib’) could be found outside which Dublin landmark?
- What date is ‘Women’s Christmas’ (Nollaig na mBan)
- Where might you find Irish Swimmers taking the plunge in Dublin on Christmas Day?
- What Panto is ‘not just an ordinary panto?’
- What is the name of the US air defence platform that tracks Santa on Christmas Eve?
- What Red and Green plant is traditionally sold in December and is sometimes called ‘The Christmas Flower’?
- In Friends, what animal did Ross dress up as at Christmas to entertain his son Ben?
- Which county has a super-popular tradition of eating KFC on Christmas Day?
- According to It’s a Wonderful Life, what happens every time a bell rings?
- What item of clothing does Harry Potter get from Dumbledore on his first Christmas in Hogwarts?
- In which book is it ‘Always Winter, but never Christmas’?
- At what point of Christmas day will you encounter ‘Silver Fulminate’?
- Alphabetically, which of Santa’s reindeer comes first?
- Finish the famous Morecambe and Wise Christmas Special quote: ‘no, I am playing all the right notes…’
- What stick would you typically see in a mulled wine?
- What Christmas Carol would you find lyrics about ‘Tidings of comfort and joy’?
- John Lewis’ famous ‘Bear and the Hare’ advert featured music from which British musician?
- ‘Bounceberry’ is another name for which popular Christmas berry?
- What was Scrooge’s business partner called?
- What is the alcoholic ingredient in a Snowball cocktail?
Christmas Quiz Answers
- Michael Caine
- 2019 (It was released in 1994 but only topped the charts last year!)
- Away in a Manger
- Paris, France
- Sugar, Suet, Spices & Treacle
- Christmas Day
- Ruud Gullit sitting on a shed
- Cadbury Roses (Then Quality Steet, Celebrations and Heroes in that order)
- Eminem’s ‘Stan’ (very festive!)
- Balthazar, Melchoir & Gaspar (Jaspar or Caspar are also acceptable)
- The Rubix Cube
- Clement Moore’s ‘A Visit From St.Nicholas’ (AKA Twas the Night Before Christmas’)
- The Mansion House
- January 6th
- The Forty Foot, Sandycove
- The Gaiety Panto
- NORAD (It began tracking Santy after an ad in a Sears catalogue misprinted a ‘Call Santa’ number and the otherwise private phone number became inundated with calls from children asking where The Big Man in Red was!)
- The Holiday Armadillo
- An Angel gets it’s wings
- The Cloak of Invisibility
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
- When you pull a cracker! (It’s a bang strip inside)
- “Just not necessarily in the right order”
- A cinnamon stick
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Lily Allen (Somewhere Only We Know)
- Jacob Marley